Bake for Kids Sake
Pull out your measuring cups and put your apron on because Bake for Kids Sake is coming from June 1-6, 2020! This virtual FUNdraiser is in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yukon (BBBSY) and the Yukon youth we serve every year. As many of our programs are in partnership with local schools and we know the importance of celebrating special milestones such as graduation and finishing a grade level, we wanted to do something special to show that Yukon students have been champions throughout the past several months! This ALL AGES event is the perfect opportunity to showcase your isolation creativity and baking skills!
We’re challenging you to Bake for Kids Sake by baking a graduation/end of school year themed cake or cupcakes between June 1st and 6th. Your delicious creation can be made from scratch or you can use a mix. We encourage you to give or share your cake or cupcakes with a student in your life so they know they are being celebrated!
We’ll be giving away TWO HUNDRED dollars; $100 will go to the participant who bakes the most awesome creation as voted by BBBSY staff and board members, and the other $100 will go to the person who fundraises the most.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register on Canada Helps by paying the initial $25 pledge: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/big-brothers-big-sisters-of-yukon/p2p/bake-for-kids-sake-2020/
- Fundraise by asking friends, family and co-workers to support you through pledges.
- On June 1st the baking will begin! You’ll have until midnight on June 6th to bake a graduation/end of school year themed cake or cupcakes, and collect pledges. June 6th is also the date that the Obamas are hosting Dear Class of 2020 live stream for graduates with a fantastic line-up of guests! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxpTjcouaeQ
- When you are done baking, submit a photo or video of your creation in one of the two following ways:
- Post on Facebook, tagging Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yukon
- Email the photo/video to email@example.com
- Winners will be announced on Facebook on Monday, June 8!